San Benito County Free Library Closing until Wednesday, April 8th.
Beginning Monday, March 16th at 2:00 pm, the San Benito County Free Library will close until Wednesday , April 8th as a precaution to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community. This closure is necessary to encourage social distancing and protect both patrons and staff in the Library.
All Library programs and events as well as community use of the meeting room (Barbara Room) are canceled until further notice.
Book drops are now closed as materials can carry viruses for several days, patrons are encouraged to keep items until the Library reopens. The Library will automatically extend due dates on all materials. Any overdue fines incurred between March 16th and April 8th will be waived.
Patrons are encouraged to use library services available online:
- Streaming videos, TV shows, music and more through Hoopla
- Streaming video through Kanopy
- Ebooks and audiobooks through CloudLibrary
- Ebooks and audiobooks through Overdrive
- Ebooks through Enki Library
- Books delivered to your home through ZipBooks
- Full-text magazines through Flipster
- Full-text magazines through EBSCO
- Free online access to the New York Times
- Online classes through Universal Class
- Learn a new language through Mango Languages
- Online tutoring through BrainFuse
- For a full listing of all of our online resources, click here
If you don’t already have a San Benito County Free Library card, register here and a Library staff member will call you with your barcode number so that you can take advantage of our online resources.
For Library services, account information, or research questions, contact the Library at (831) 636-4107 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 10 am to 6 pm or Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 5 pm.
For the latest information about COVID-19 in San Benito County, please visit the San Benito County Public Health Services website at https://hhsa.cosb.us/publichealth/