Use this page to find some great websites and places to help you and your family!
24-Hour Hotline: (877) 778-7978
To Volunteer or Donate call: (831) 630-5899
Emmaus House is a nonprofit organization providing shelter and assistance to women and children who are victims of domestic violence. We are the only domestic violence shelter in San Benito County and have been serving families in need since 2006.
What Does Emmaus House Do?
- Safe & confidential emergency shelter during time of transition
- Trained client advocates to assist with support and referrals
- Onsite counseling and advocacy
- Weekly group support sessions
- Medical and legal referrals
- Referrals for legal assistance with restraining orders/custody disputes
- Court and social advocacy
- Emergency food & clothing
- Individualized wellness and safety planning
Free clinical breast exams, mammograms, & pap tests.
- live in California
- be 21 years of age or older
- have no or limited health insurance
- have health insurance with co-payment or deductible you cannot afford
- have low household income
Address: 1011 Line Street, Suite 10 – Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: (831) 634-2046
Fax: (831) 634-2049
The promise of First 5 California is to continue to invest in integrated programs and resources designed to benefit three target audiences: the Child, the Teacher, and the Parent. Current efforts focus on the areas of nutrition, early literacy and language development, and smoking cessation, among others.
Address: 483 Fifth Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: (831) 637-4020
Think you might be pregnant? Want to know your options? Afraid you might have an STD?
At the Hollister Pregnancy Center, you’ll be greeted by caring, knowledgeable staff. All services are offered in a gentle, safe and supportive environment.
Address: 351 Felice Drive, Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: (831) 637-5306
Phone (for Saturday Appointments): (831) 637-6871
- Medical and Dental Family Practice
- Preventative & Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Family Planning
- Immunizations and Health Screening Services
- WIC – Women Infants and Children
- Nutritional Counseling
- HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling
The San Benito Health Foundation Community Health Center accepts most insurance providers and offers discounts based on ability to pay for uninsured patients.
Find a technician to help you correctly install you child safety seat – visit www.seatcheck.org or call: 1-866-SEAT-CHECK
How do you select the best safety seat for you child? Visit www.NHTSA.gov to access their ease of use rating system on car seats. This will help you find seats that have convenience factors, safety features, and simple instructions to follow. Find the right car seat for you child by entering in their weight and height at this website.
Eating a variety of foods helps kids grow healthy & strong, and be ready to learn.